Tuesday 27 August 2013

Atomic Blonde

Mega excited to show you this post as it's a little toe-dip into A/W styling, based around a fabulous tshirt from Atomic Threads! Atomic Threads do loads of printed tshirts that you wouldn't find anywhere else, slogans and stuff too but my real favourite is the B-Movie collection - how freakin awesome are these? There are some proper classics in there too, like Godzilla, Revenge of the Dead, Eraserhead and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I chose this amazing Zombie Rave tshirt, in oversized men's so that it would come up like a dress (I'm going to take the sleeves off or make it into a cold-shoulder cut out, just have to put my thinking cap on so I can do it justice! It's really good quality so I want to make a decent job of it). I love the print on the front, it's kinda distressed/faded so isn't too bold a statement if you're looking for a casual style outfit. 

It's going to fit in so well to my A/W wardrobe as upcoming trends are all sort of grungy/punky/hard edged (I love Moschino's punk catwalk looks) lots of leather, studs, tartan and boots - my heaven. I think I might be picking up a few more of these B-Movie tees, as I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of use out of this one!

So here's the lowdown on what I've styled it with...

Jacket - Faux leather biker style, H&M - this is part of their new season collection and I've been looking for a leather-look jacket for ages. I've tried on hundreds, I kid you not. They always seem to fit weird or if they're proper leather, they're suuuuper heavy to wear. This is nice and light, fits well and seems to be a decent sort of material.

Leggings - Grey crop with little hearts on, White Stuff. Got these at their outlet store, they're a little big (they only had a couple of sizes) but it doesn't matter too much, especially if I'm wearing them with shorts at festivals.

Trainers - Clear and black Converse. I just LOVE these shoes, they're so unusual. I've got black and white check socks on underneath but they look awesome with a pop of colour too. I think I got them from Footlocker online a few years ago.

Bag - Clear and black satchel, ebay. So pleased to have gotten hold of this, it's a Cambridge Satchel Co. dupe which was a considerably cheaper option. It matches the trainers so perfectly and I love being able to show off some of my cute purses inside.

Accessories:

Sunglasses - clear-rimmed, mirrored from ebay - again to match the clear theme
Moustache mini purse - Black and white, Primark
Moustache big purse - Brown, Loungefly (I use this as a sunglasses case)
Totoro mini purse - ebay
Mixed bracelets - stud and chain, Primark
Rings - Skulls from Alchemy Gothic, Chain from H&M, Mid-finger bands from ASOS, Claw from ebay
Big spike bib necklace - silver colour, Primark
Mini spike necklace - silver colour, Primark
Keys chain necklace - present from Mum

I'd like to thank Atomic Threads for giving me a head-start on A/W right on trend, if you want to grab yourself a tee or three, head over to www.atomicthreads.co.uk and take a look!
 
This sample product was gifted from Atomic Threads. Opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment