Sunday 25 August 2013

Have hat, will travel.

Dinner with Alex and Dave at Coast 2 Coast in Leicester - hot wings, hot topics! Needed something casual and comfy, the restaurant is always super-busy but it's a laid-back kinda place and we managed to snag a big round booth all to ourselves.

Cardigan - Navy cable-knit classic from Ralph Lauren. If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know I've been coveting one of these for yonks. I have a grey one which I wear ALL the time, so thought a navy would be a good addition as it will go with lots of things. This one seems to be a longer-length version than the grey, which is really nice. Really soft knit with buttons down the front.

Shirt - Blue ombre collared shirt, Primark. This has a loose-fit sort of boxy shape with rolled sleeves (but rolled to a cap, not to the top of the shoulder) and it's quite see-through. It's comfy though, and a good pop of colour when the rest of the outfit is fairly safe.

Jeans - Super-skinny high waisted, ASOS Ridley. Again, if you've seen some of my previous posts you'll have come across the grey acid wash pair. These are a blue acid wash that I got when they had some massive promotion on, and I just love them. Every time they're on offer I'm going to get a different coloured pair, they are just really comfy and a nice shape. The high waist is good for tucking in shirts or, in this case showing up a little under a sheer shirt.

Trainers - Converse, brought back from America by the Outlaws a few years ago. Shoes are a brilliant present for me, Cons even more so. I'm a dead UK6 and they fit perfectly as I have skinny rabbit-feet. These have a sort of cross-stitch skulls and hearts print onto a white shoe, with pink lining and stitching.

Accessories:

Hat - Burgundy roll brim hat from ebay seller in HK

Vest - Cheap skin coloured stretchy vest from Primark. I wish I didn't have the round-neck silhouette underneath the shirt, but I can't think of an alternative?!

I am actually wearing a spike-necklace from Primark, but stupidly forgot to pull it out over the collar before having photos taken, doh!

Nail polish - MUA from Superdrug, I can't remember the number but it's like a dark mint or a light teal kind of colour. If I find out I'll pop it in the comments below, but it was only £1 in Superdrug - total bargain as it goes on nicely and lasts a long time! Ooh and one final thing, my lips are red due to a foray into Lip-Stain (this one is by NYC but I'll attempt a beauty-product post soon), I am loving that stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment