Saturday 14 September 2013

HAnna Solo

Alllrighty then! Here's an interesting little ensemble I wore a few weeks ago (yes I know I've been rubbish with posting, but I've been preparing for/at Bestival! woop!) to go to the Vintage Fair in Whitby.

Kimono jacket - I am in love with this jacket. It's from the H&M A/W collection and was selling like hotcakes in my local store. They only had two left, neither were in my size but I tried one two sizes down from my norm and lo and behold it fit perfectly! I later tried on my actual size in another store and it was waaaay too big, so if you're looking at ordering it online, they are seriously huge - I'd size down unless you want to look like you're wearing a bin bag. It's sheer and has a lovely maroon and white pattern on a black background, a tapered back and batwing sleeves.

Star Wars tee - Primark men's section last year, I just cut the sleeves to cap and cut out the neckline to make it bigger. Great print, distressed and cut right from the movie poster. I think it was about £4 as well, bargain. Star Wars gear will never get less cool. Quote me on it.

Lace slip skirt - River Island, it has an elasticated waist and a 'visable zip' on the back. It's sort of silky with a lace trim. Really comfy but needs something over the top I think, because it's really long otherwise.

Black leggings - Jack Wills

Trainers - Burgundy Vans

Accessories:

Bandana - Black, ebay
Hair clips - Bought at festivals
Light leather wristband (left hand) - Timberland
Dark leather wrapped wristband (left hand) - H&M
Heraldic shield bracelet (left hand) - ASOS
Rose gold coloured key necklace - Pieces at ASOS
Key bunch necklace - Present from Mum
Owl 'books' necklace - Present from Sister
Stag watch (right hand) - ASOS
Bug ring (right hand) - Topshop
Fake rose pearls - Primark

I'm channeling rock and roll now Autumn is well and truly on it's way, as I said in my last post - dark colours, punky looks and leather are making a big impact on A/W trends and it's right up my street. I think I need to experiment with some more colours though, maybe a bit more dark green in the palette? I love burgundy but I feel I might overdose on some outfits, I must curb my enthusiasm!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment