Tuesday 20 August 2013

Sneaky ninjas

Okay so I know it's been a while since I've done an outfit post, and I do have a couple ready to go but I simply must show you this amazing set of bookends which were sent to me by the lovely crew at iwoot last week. They are actually amazingly perfect for our house, as Alex (and I briefly) did Ninpo-Budo, have an actual katana in our house AND a library full of books! I'd never seen these before, but if I had - they'd have definitely gone on Al's Birthday list.

So inside the box, there are two metal plates which you slide inside the front/back cover of two paperbacks and the handle and sword ends of the katana, which have magnets in. Now, these magnets aren't super-strong, so I found you really could only use the outer cover of the book in order for them to stick - but they do work perfectly well in any case.

The katana itself is plastic (which was a bit of a surprise as from the box and photos it looked like it might be metal) personally I think it would be much cooler in metal with some weight behind it, but then you probably run into problems with strong enough magnets and weight bearing books, it might even make it an actual weapon... who knows! Anyway, the plasticness is only really mildly irritating when you're brandishing it like a real sword (yes this is the kind of thing we do), when it's actually 'in use' as bookends, it looks AWESOME. 

 
 Here are the metal plates which go inside the books...

Here's the bookends in use, with a collection of relevant titles...
 
 Yes, yes you can fit the two parts together to make a small sword...

These are going to take pride of place in our library with the martial arts books, and have been delighting our Ninja friends on facebook already! You can get a set of your own from the iwoot homeware department here: KATANA BOOKENDS and don't forget to turn a black tshirt into a mask, creep silently and look before you leap... sneaky ninjas...


This sample product was gifted from iwoot. Opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment