Wednesday 31 July 2013

Cotton-tails


Have you ever encountered such adorable fairy lights? These lovely 'Marshmallow' coloured string lights were sent to me by the nice people at Cable & Cotton and they are currently warming up a little corner of my living room on this grey drizzly evening! 

Cable & Cotton make a whole load of different coloured baubles that are made of a kind of, wrapped and set string, which can be put together in custom combinations, plain or set selections (which all have rather nice names like 'Sea Salt' and 'Caramel Swirl'). They come separate from the string white fairy lights in the box, so you can pop them on yourself in any way you like, and they are actually really easy to put together. Even unlit they're super cute, but when you plug in they come alive. They're soft and comforting as they diffuse the light, like tiny setting suns or the hazy heads of seeding dandelions and they honestly would pretty-up just about anything you put them on!

I decided to give them a go along my mantlepiece at first, which did look great, but then I remembered we bought a giant glass vase for the corner of the room, which was filled with white silk rose petals. After tipping these all over the floor and some careful stuffing of the lights into the vase, I came up with their new home, and they look AMAZING. They'll be getting an outing at our wedding next year too, but for now I'm just going to gaze at them and dream of warm summer sunsets and festival nights, whilst the rain continues to pour...




Head over to www.cableandcotton.co.uk to check them out for yourself! Huge thanks to C&C for bringing a little light into my life :)



This sample product was gifted from Cable & Cotton. Opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment