Friday 5 July 2013

Beach Birthday

So, it's my Birthday and I've been whisked away (sort of... the car did break down once... we forgot the keys and had to go back... forgot to get dinner... oh and I stubbed my toe on the steps, it's a comedy of errors really) to the beautiful seaside for the weekend! Hooray! The weather is absolutely STUNNING and HOT - I think the Earth is celebrating the joyous occasion of my Birth too. We've been out to Whitby today to eat fish and chips at The Magpie (delicious) and now we're back at the cottage drinking champagne and eating cherries. Al bought me a handbag and a pair of trainers - one of which is featured today and the other is coming soon. He knows me so well! Here's my outfit...

Dress - Sleeveless ditsy floral dress from ASOS. It's jersey material but quite lightweight, and it buttons all the way down, with a thin elasticated waist. It has the cutest crochet collar on it too, which is a nice touch, and it's definitely long enough to go without leggings - no bum-baring!

Grey leggings - Jack Wills. Jersey too, but again lightweight so not too hot.

Grey cardigan - Cable knit from Ralph Lauren. I wear this an awful lot, check my other posts! Needed a cover up in the shade and it matches my leggings, haha

Sandals - Black with studs and spikes from Primark. So pleased with these, £6 is a marvellous price for a pair of gladiators that are modelled on all the current styles, which is even better for me as I wasn't sure whether I liked/suited the style at all. Well I definitely like them! Again, bought a size 5 as the 6 was redonk huge.

Bag - Present from Al! It's a Fiorelli grab bag with a long strap in dark forest green. It's a mini version of my tan handbag, and is utterly adorable! It also fits a surprising amount of stuff inside it because it's a structured dome shape. It even has the same little inside pockets as the big one, so cuuute! Amazing Birthday present!

Sunglasses - Purple and green wayfarer style, rubberised plastic from Primark. Cheapo £2 sunnies, I love Primark for these cause I'm rubbish and lose/break glasses easily. The kind of rubber-feel means they're really comfortable to wear and I find they fit really well (often glasses are too wide for my face and fall off when I do quite important things like... looking down or, turning my head quickly...)

So anyway, I've had a splendid Birthday and we get to stay two more days! Paddling in the sea tomorrow and poking about in the rock pools for crabs. Doubt I'll be wearing anything noteworthy but I might dress up in the evening, you never know ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment