Saturday 29 June 2013

It's a beautiful day for a, white wedding

It's a beautiful day for a, white wedding! Wedding attire... it's tricky right? Especially when you've spent your time gathering a collection of thigh-skimming cocktail dresses for drinks out with the girls, and not much else in the formal stakes. I'm not great at formal unless it's proper full on ball gown vibe, I always feel frumpy, hot and uncomfortable, so a decent dress and comfy shoes are the only remedy to feel even halfway acceptable at an important event.

Dress - Dorothy Perkins came to the rescue with this great sale find, the dress is lightweight but structured in the bust area, so gave nice support, the capped sleeves are really cute and the pattern is summery but the black gives it a bit of an edge I think. Sometimes I look a bit like a little girl in florals, I like to rough them up a bit.

Jacket - Primark, again a sale steal (I believe it was a fiver!) it has slightly ruched cropped sleeves and a stripy lining. Really comfy and a nice long blazer, I'm sick of super cropped ones that look like I've shrunk myself in the wash. Long blazers do a good job of elongating you I think, especially when you're wearing an underbust belt or band like this dress has.

 
Fascinator - Ben DeLissi at Debenhams. Everyone goes to Debenhams for wedding accessories, I don't even know where else sells them really! This one is simple, cream colour and not too poofy. My friend wore a hat to the wedding though, I was jealous. I've always wanted to wear a big hat. One day! I did have my hair re-coloured though so it was a good outing for it (it's SOOOO blonde!)

Shoes - ahhhh the beautiful shooooes! These are from Kurt Geiger at the most exciting price of £19... yes! That's right! They were from the KG outlet in McArthur Glen York, who miraculously were having a mad one day sale the day we drove up to Runswick - all shoes £19. Heaven. So I got them in nude too. They've got a platform, a peep toe (unusual buy for me but they were cute AND comfy) suede, with a kind of black snakeskin effect heel. I do just love them.

Accessories:
Solitare diamond necklace (bought in Nassau)
Swarovski bracelet (present from Al)
I'm not holding it here but I also had a cream coloured clutch from River Island


No comments:

Post a Comment