Monday 18 June 2012

Rage against the Shopping

Saturday = Shopping day hell. Everyone in the world seemed to be trying to get into town, the traffic was backed up the whole way there. I had to go looking for a dress to wear to a wedding though, it's pretty crucial stuff. I must have tried on ALL the dresses in John Lewis from various companies and nothing was quite right, all either going out style (too short, too tight) or tea party grannies (too long, excessively floral, you get the gist). I've resorted to ordering online and keeping my fingers crossed.


Extremely annoying, but even that wasn't as bad as the RUDEST woman ever I encountered at the fitting rooms. I was waiting to go in, as was a lady behind me. Rude-Lady rocks up with about 20 items bunched in her hands with a scowl on her face and loudly leans around me to the clerk and says "I assume this is the queue then" with a dramatic sigh. She then shamelessly looks me up and down, I can only assume this is because I'd dared to come into John Lewis wearing a denim-mini, and not a bloody power suit or chinos. She proceeded to have an argument with the clerk about how many items she was allowed to take in, and swore under her breath (not very quietly, I might add) and then when a customer came out of the changing rooms she tried to bustle her way in front of me and the other lady who was waiting! Luckily the staff had something to say about that and I went in, never to see her again. If you really think shopping there is beneath you, perhaps you ought to pop off to Milan and get something tailored for you instead, you stuck up loser!


Anyway, here's what I'm wearing...


Vest - Cream coloured with flowers print


Jumper - My sister took me into a shop called White Stuff, and this gorgeous grey oversize knit spoke to me. It said "Buy me, I'm comfy and lightweight" so I did. It's got pockets and a dipped back.


Skirt - Denim mini from Animal, with a peach coloured skinny belt (which you can't see, sorry)


Leggings - Navy from Jack Wills


Shoes - Ankle boots from Carvela (present from Alex one Christmas)


Accessories - Brown tall satchel - ebay purchase, Flower crochet necklace - Claire's accessories, key bracelet - ASOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment