Monday 21 May 2012

Summer Ball

Last weekend I went to a ball at the Birmingham Hilton Met, and decided on this super-cute (but fairly short) lilac leopard print skater dress from ASOS. It has a little silk-lined underlayer that makes it stick out a bit and float nicely. I'm also wearing a Jet necklace which was made in Whitby out of jet found on Runswick Bay beach and a thin black belt with a flower on (possibly from Next). I wore a pair of black suede closed toe platform heels as well, nice and plain next to the big print on the dress.


I wasn't at all confident about the hair, but it turned out pretty awesome in the end. I did two side Victory Rolls (having learnt them from a book called Style Me Vintage and a couple of youtube videos) and a front under-curled one, hair-sprayed the hell out of it after I'd pinned it, and stuck in a sparkly curved hair slide that looked a bit tiara-esque. Everyone else at the ball had standard wavy hair down or classic up-do's with their evening dress, so I definitely stood out a bit, but the response was pretty good, mostly people couldn't believe that I'd done my hair myself. Thank you video technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment