Monday 21 May 2012

Happy Birthday Lil Bro

Last night we went out for my brother's 24th Birthday meal, to a nice pub in Meriden. I decided on:

Blue skinny jeans (turned up at the ankle)

Vans slip on ballet-trainers (white with red hearts on) - I'll get a photo of these soon I promise

Plain white shirt with capped sleeves and an open neck collar

Soft wool stripe round neck jumper from Joules

Black 3/4 sleeve blazer with the sleeve turned up

Red silk bow-tie that I found on ebay, worn loose

Mini harmonica necklace (it really works!) and a key shaped bracelet.

I have a lot of school themed bits and pieces, I particularly love blazers. They add a bit of sleekness to most outfits, be it on top of a tea-dress or a t-shirt. This 3/4 one is made of jersey material so it's not so stiff to wear on a casual night out, plus the turn ups mean that you can see the stripy jumper poking out just a little bit, so that the red theme goes right through the outfit. I took a brown handbag out with me that evening because I didn't have time to swap everything over, but I would have finished this school-look with my black leather satchel if I was wearing it anywhere else, and earlier in the day I had on a pair of red Wayfarer style sunglasses just for an extra splash of colour matching. I think the school obsession comes from reading Enid Blyton books as a child - the characters always seemed to be having a great time at boarding-school and getting up to mischief, plus I'm a big Harry Potter fan and my middle school had 'House Teams' which is a nice Brit-tradition (I was in Davies, the green team). 

However, red is my confidence colour. I used to wear big red statement pieces at college and uni, but haven't really felt bold enough recently. Using it as an accent or theme colour means I can still rock the red, but not as violently as sticking on a block colour. This is a pretty safe outfit, but I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment