Tuesday 5 March 2013

Game over, Moonpie.


Space-fad. Everyone is into it, I know. It's been around for a while now, but not nearly as long as it has been in both my dreams and in my wardrobe. When I was little I was obsessed with 3 things. Michael Jackson, Dinosaurs and Space (as you can imagine, MJ's Moonwalk was a double-whammy of awesome to me). Anyhow, I've collected a few space print items, some rocket hair clips... Star Wars tshirts... Chewbacca keyrings... that sort of thing. But since the galaxy-print explosion, I've been slowly adding to it. This is an incomplete outfit, which is why I'm not wearing it, but when I've decided the footwear and accessories it's going to be an awesome one.

T-shirt: Lush Tshirt Printing (www.lushtshirts.co.uk) Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock! They do all sorts of tshirt printing, from movies to bad taste slogans, and you can even create your own! I went with the grey so it would be easy to wear with lots of things, chose a mens/unisex baggy tshirt and rolled the sleeves. I may even scoop cut the neck at some point to make it loose off the shoulder. I like the fact that it hasn't got 'Big Bang Theory' plastered all over it, so only people who know the show will get it. 

Skirt: Dipped front and back hem with pleats, chiffon with an elastic waistband in galaxy print. This is from ROMWE (www.romwe.com) which is the most fabulously weird site. I've bought a couple of things from there before, but nothing quite so bold! I'm totally in love with their range of subliminated leggings and a crazy Bart Simpson printed denim shirt too.

Satchel: Vintage comic space print (tiny spaceships, very cute) from Cath Kidston. It was in the kids section, but if you have a netbook or tablet rather than a laptop - the satchels are a *perfect* size for them. NB. There is also a dinosaur print one... in case your childhood dreams were in line with mine...

Scarf: Thin and floaty inked silk, this was a gift given to me a few years ago and I pretty much only wear it with cardigans and jeans on a down day, but it really looks cosmic and goes with everything I think.

Anyhow, I'll do an outfit update in the future when I've decided the complete set-up, but for now it's looking pretty. Maybe a blue/purple dip-dye for my hair is in order...?

No comments:

Post a Comment