Monday 29 October 2012

Feeling Twee


This another York weekend outfit, based on the fact that it was quite cold outside but I didn't want a heavy winter coat to drag around the city. So English country style describes over half my wardrobe, lots of tweed, shirts and waistcoats, knitwear and tarnished leather, but this Jacket has been my staple throw-on for the last few years. It's boxy and a little big in the shoulders but I absolutely love it!

Tweed jacket - Joules
Lace skater skirt - ASOS
Navy Leggings - JW
Navy jersey tshirt with buttons
Khaki boots - Carvela
Leather saddle bag
Equestrian print scarf 

I like mismatching something soft and twee like lace with something rough and countryside like tweed. It's a balance, but cute meets function works and isn't one of those toothache-sweet styles you can get if you over-do lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment