Wednesday 27 February 2013

Travels and Treasures

Jewellery. Accessories. Bags. All of these things mean treasure to me. I think it's my Nanna's fault, she always had tins full of glistening cocktail jewellery for us to rummage through when we went to visit. From South Shields, she's a proper magpie - coming back from jumble sales with the wacky, weird but truly magical. Guess I've inherited the hoarding habit...

Decided to do a quick staging of some jewellery, since so much of what I have is exciting and odd. I won't name everything, just pick out a few bits, but please open the photos in a new tab so you can zoom in for more detail! This collection is, Phileas Fogg... steampunk... railways and halcyon days. Tough brown leather and a lust for adventure.

Bags:
Miniature suitcase - Topshop
Stripe hard case - Topshop
Small satchel - Vintage ebay
Tall satchel (on the bottom) - Vintage ebay


Floral heart - Primark
Silver pocket watch - ASOS
Umbrella with cloud and lightning - ASOS
Taxi - Accessorize
'a' watch - ASOS
Bronze pocket watch - Picked up from a stall at Whitby Goth Weekend
Hot air balloon  - Present from my Nephew
Green ink pen - ASOS
Rocking horse - Present from a friend
Books owl - Present from my Sister (www.ellymental.co.uk)
Pearl with bow and embellishments - Present from Al's Sister, Accessorize
Bugle and flag - ASOS
Soldiers brooch - Cath Kidston
Guitar case, Bear and Diving Helmet - ASOS
Pipe - Anna Lou of London (www.annalouoflondon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment