Tuesday 12 February 2013

Maiden Voyage


My precioussss...

Thank you Schuh, for not only finally stocking these in Womens sizes, but also for massively reducing them in the sale. I get it, there's not many chicks out there who want a pair of devil emblazoned Iron Maiden sneakers but that's A-OK by me if I can snag them for twenty five quid. 

The sizing translates a little weird with this particular pair of Vans sk8-hi tops, so I ended up with a half size too big, but it doesn't really make much of a difference if you wear them loose like I do anyway. Worn with denim turn-ups and some lace topped pop-socks, it's my homage to both school and rock... school of rock, if you like. The socks were from ebay, and the trainers from Schuh as I said. Wanted about half the shoes that went into sale so be careful if you're a shoemania type like me, and decide to take a look.

The world of Band-meets-shoe collaborations has really expanded in the last few years, Vans working with The Prodigy and Metallica, Converse with The Who and Gorillaz... I like it, it's a decent way of getting your hands on some longer-lasting merch than the generally crap quality overpriced tour shirts, or bank-balance-busting jackets they push (seriously, who spends £80 on a zip hoody at a festival??). I'd like a few more bands in the mix though, classic stuff - I would totally buy some Aerosmith sneaks...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment