Thursday 17 October 2013

We're contagious.

Monochrome. It's everywhere. It's going to continue to trend through A/W. I love it. It's classic, it's sleek and it's pretty difficult to get wrong.

This outfit was worn to my big Sisters' 40th Birthday dinner, so I wanted something nice but not crazy formal. I'm totally channeling Wednesday Addams here, if only I had black hair and a sickly pallor...

Shirt/blouse - Primark. I got this in a size smaller than normal, I think the next one up was a bit baggy. Black light material (not chiffon-y or see-through, but light almost silky) with white cuffs and collar. It's kind of ruched a little bit in the chest area, which gives it some shape instead of being flat - nice.

Jeans - ASOS. Black acid wash high-waisted skinny jeans, I love these. So comfy and I always feel more confident with the high-waist under shirts.

Shoes - Primark. Black cut-out flats with buckle. Love that Primark have got on the cut-out trend as for some maddening reason, everywhere else that's jumped on the bandwagon seems to have priced theirs at double the cost of normal shoes! Anyway, I actually had to size down to a 5 in these as the 6 was ginormous, even with socks on. They're comfy and halfway between a sandal and a shoe, so kind of formal but cheeky. So pleased with them!

Accessories:

Hat - Ebay. Roll brim felt bowler, black. Ebay sellers are totally winning the war for me with hats, priced at anything between £15 and £50 in the highstreet shops, I'll be continuing to purchase mine for around the £3 mark from Hong Kong.

Chain necklace - H&M. Chunky rose/brassy chain. This comes up almost like a choker so it's perfect for sitting right under collars. I love the colour, I shy away from the big gold chains I've seen other bloggers rocking - I just feel a bit too Mr. T. in them... I might give silver a go at some point, but for now I'm wearing this with EVERYTHING. Should still be in H&M if you want to grab your own!

Key necklace - Primark. Just an ornate brassy key on a long necklace. It's heavy not flimsy, and well, you know how I love keys.

Rings - ASOS. Not a very good picture but they're fine gold bands with tiny symbols on them, one is a cloud with raindrops, one is a lightning bolt and one is an umbrella, so adorable! Had lots of comments on these, but I think they may be sold out on the site now.

Here's a close-up of the shoes for you shoeaholics like me...

No comments:

Post a Comment