Monday 25 March 2013

Six Impossible Things

  

I have always loved the Alice in Wonderland stories, starting with the books as a little girl, the disney film and many versions since. So much so that little snippets of Wonderland work themselves into nearly every part of my life, especially my jewellery...

Necklaces from left to right:

Silver teacup - ebay
Silver spoon - ASOS
Pewter teapot - ASOS (men's section... weird!)
Locket and charms long chain - Present from my Nephew
Green fountain pen - ASOS
China tea pot - Present from my Sister: www.madamecherry.com 
Rocking horse necklace - Present from a friend

The teacup, spoon and teapots are obviously Mad Hatter's tea party related (the easiest and my favourite reference to the story), the locket has playing card charms on it, referencing The Queen of Hearts, the green fountain pen is the sword of the writer and the rocking horse necklace is a little nod to the Rocking Horsefly.

Misc items from left to right:

Bent key bracelet - ASOS
Jammy dodger ring - Advent present from Alex, bought at The Festive Gift Fair (NEC)
Charm bracelet - Present from my Nephew, counterpart to the locket
Miniature pocketwatch - ebay
China teacup ring - Present from my Sister: www.madamecherry.com 
Cameo necklace -George at ASDA
Silver key - Can't remember... just something I've always had... mysterious...
'a' watch - ASOS
Eat Me mini mirror - Re-ment miniatures on ebay
'Key to my Heart' book clutch bag - ASOS

I absolutely LOVE this clutch bag, it's got a red tassel and is shaped like a big book. It's going to be paired with a lot of book-related ephemera over the next few months, I'm a bit of a book nerd... our spare room is a library. The jammy dodger ring is fun to wear and always gets compliments and sometimes I wear the silver key on a chain around my neck too. I have a *lot* of key jewellery actually, they're sort of a symbol. I like to think of them opening doors to amazing places, a la Secret Garden, Narnia or Wonderland... or for keeping secrets and precious treasures. They're my talisman against the mundane, to me a key is always enticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment