Sunday 4 November 2012

Kill your velocity, not an Air Kraken!

This weekend we're up in North Yorkshire, enjoying Whitby Goth Weekend - an event with music, markets and mystery based on Goth culture. There's one in April too but we missed it this year, so decided to wait a week on our usual trip up here and make it to this one instead. Although we both have lots of Gothic clothing and ephemera, in the last couple of years we've been really getting into the Steampunk side of things, and I think that's probably due to the creativity. I love being able to collect little bits and pieces from all over to fit in with my outfits instead of being constrained to 'alternative' shops, and being able to craft stuff myself too. I'm nowhere near happy with my outfit as yet, but that's half the fun of trawling the stalls each year!

Brown collapsible bowler hat, bought yesterday at Major Tinker's Emporium in the Rifle Club (http://tinkers-emporium.synthasite.com/)

Frill shirt - ASOS

Navy waistcoat - Joules

Black flocked baroque underbust corset - bought at WGW a couple of years ago from the amazing Harlots & Angels (http://www.harlotsandangels.co.uk/catalog/)

Silver waist bow (again, bought at WGW but can't remember the company...)

Green ruched long skirt - hitched at the front in two places using ribbon

Underneath skirt (visable at the front) - Light and dark brown jodhpurs from Aldi, of all places!

Brown Rocket Dog slouchy boots

Accessories:

Big buckle tan belt - ASOS

Mini brown saddle bag - Primark, looped through the belt as a waist purse

Brass pocket watch

Tan goggles

Divers helmet necklace, Key necklace and Bugle necklace, 'a' watch, leather bracelets - all ASOS

Al says I look like a female version of Badger in Firefly. I guess I'm happy with that, it's sort of the look I was going for! I think I could do with some more brown leather strap type stuff, maybe a holster or something roguish...

P.S. Click on the photo and zoom in to see the detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment